Top Reasons to Go
Here you will find the top reasons to go to Istanbul. Istanbul is one of the oldest cities in the world and worth visiting.
You will find amazing things to do here, regardless of your particular interests, Istanbul has something for you.
If you’re thinking; “Why should I go to İstanbul?”
Here are general reasons for you:
- It's friendly
- It is culturally rich, (even over-abundant)
- It's modern enough for you to feel comfortable
- It is still traditional and interesting
- Besides all these aspects, a trip to Istanbul is good value for money.
There are more “Reasons to Go”:
of Istanbul is very rich. You can witness the opulent past that remains
from the Ottoman Empire and Byzantine Empire periods.
was Constantinople once. And it was Byzantion before that. The city you
will discover will let you see the crown city of three empires.
Mosque of Suleymaniye Complex, Spice Market, Saint Sophia, Dolmabahce
Palace and Blue Mosque in Istanbul are the places to be seen at least
once in a lifetime.
- Turkish food is very delicious
and Turkish cuisine is one of the best cuisines of the world. You will
be surprised of the wide range of dishes.
seeing Bosphorus is a reason itself. (“Bosphorus” is misspelled commonly
as: “Bosporus”. The two are the same place.) Shore excursions on
Bosphorus are a must-do. And a cruise dinner is a delicious option for a
night ride on Bosphorus.
- Istanbul has boutique
hotels and they are really good. And you will see that there are lots of
Istanbul hotels in Old City and Taksim. There are countless cheap
hotels in Istanbul if you are on a budget too.
in Istanbul is a very funny adventure. You have lots of options like
Grand Bazaar and Spice Market for an authentic taste of shopping and
lots of shopping facilities, modern shopping malls, picturesque
neighborhoods full of stores and little antique shops.
Istanbul life at last, but not least… Nightlife and cultural life is
very vibrant and colorful. Istanbulites have their own way of going out
and having fun. You will find countless options for any taste.
Back to Top
And there are a lot of other reasons to go…
- Seeing the city's defensive walls and be surprised at how small the Old City once was,
- Seeing the 3rd oldest subway in the world, called "Tunel", built in 1876,
the Bosphorus, see palaces, fortresses, fishing villages, wooden
houses, forested slopes and pass under the two suspension bridges,
- Watching the sunset from Galata Tower which was built in the 14th century,
- To sip a cup of tea as you watch boats ply the Bosphorus Strait,
- Istanbul lifestyle and Istanbulites who are loving it
Practical Reasons to Go”:
are frequent flights to Istanbul from all over Europe, America and
Asia. You don’t have to worry about rare flight schedules and you are
free to prepare your plans according to your free time.
is a tourism friendly city. Walking routes of Istanbul city tours are
perfect. And you can attend to private Istanbul tours too.
weather in Istanbul is nearly always wonderful. Only the winter months
are rainy and cold. If not for anything else, you’ll love Istanbul for
- If you have a hobby like photography,
this is heaven for you. You will find all kinds of people, interesting
streets, amazing light nearly all year, authentic neighborhoods, sea and
forests along the shores, vibrant open markets and so on…
And you can; (I know I have to stop at some point!)
- Buy a carpet,
- Buy an evil-eye talisman.
the ceremony of the Whirling Dervises at Galata Mevlevihanesi: The
whirling of the sufi mystics and soothing tones of their music will take
you to another place,
- Sweat in a historic Hamam, discover the soothing effects of a Turkish rubdown, relax and leave the worries there,
the Galata Bridge on foot, the view from the bridge is spectacular. You
will see the Fishermen waiting for a catch and the silhouettes of the
- Buy clothes made of “Şile bezi” (textile made in “Şile”, a small village at the North of İstanbul)
Back to Top
Well, these are only the "Top Reasons To Go" to Istanbul...
I hope you visit here and see the other reasons to go for yourself...
Back to "Fast facts" from "Reasons To Go
Back to Homepage
Copyright © 2009 IstanbulExtraLarge.Com